"William T. Young" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>A friend of mine who has had PD for about nine years has been having
>lots of gas in her stomach after eating.  The gas seems to diminish the
>effect of Sinemet, often leaving her quite frozen until it's time to
>take the next dosage.

A couple weeks ago, there was all kinds of talk about some doctor
prescribing the antacid T-U-M-S to be taken with Sinemet to increase it's
effectiveness.  I mentioned this to my grandma and she said her doctor has
her take Mylanta with it.  So you might want to give that a try with the
Sinemet.

Ticia