hi patricia;

>Now whenever I think of Bermuda, I think of Stubby and wonder if he's still
>"going with the flow"?  Has he taken anymore log roles while sleeping?

my 'portable feline heaters' have lost their tendency to cling like limpets
for the summer. however, when winter comes....

i have a freshly scribed story about stubby, and will risk inflicting it on
the other listmembers in the interest of some 'weekend funnies'. patricia's
mention of stubbby and his log imitation, refers to my first stubby tale.

-----stubby tale number two--------------------------------------------

when my cats [spike, speckles, spud and stubby] were kittens, they were less
slug-like, and would tend to run around and play and disturb me at night, so
i would shoo them out every night and keep the door closed.

when i first moved into my little cottage, there was cheap and nasty carpet
throughout, and i heard tell there were real wood floors underneath, so i
ripped up all the carpet one weekend. the doors had been undercut to
accommodate the underpad and the carpet, so once the carpet was gone, there
was [is] a gap of a little over an inch between the door and the floor.

stubby had always been nervy and excitable from day one [mr. anxiety] and
felt the loss of access to me and the bedroom at night more than the others.
so almost every morning, he would be hovering outside the door, waiting to
hear signs of life, or making his own to encourage mine.

he would lay down on the floor on his belly, trying desperately to see what
was going on, but if he put his nose into the gap, with his chin on the
floor, the bottom of the door blocked his eyes. so he put his little feline
pea-brain to work, and his solution was to roll over on his side.

so i would wake up and hear some scuffling at the door, and there was this
sideways single eyeball, the one closest to the floor, staring at me
yearningly, beseechingly, unblinkingly,  "let me in, pleeeeeeeeeese"!

laughing is a good way to wake up.

-----the end--------------------------------------------------------------

stubby, you've made it to the international stage!
and patricia, i just realized, he's still rolling in this story!

>The humidity is the thing.  The sensitivity to tempertures in PDrs was
>interesting.
>I used to be so cold, socks in bed, extra covers, etc. but now get out the
fans, turn on the "air", bring me some ice.

sort of like a continuous 'hot flash'!! not that i know about them, yet..
i wonder if this sensitivity to heat applies to all parkies, male and
female?  a quick survey, gang??

>I also notice I have to take big breaths every once in awhile.  Does that
>mean I'm not breathing as deeply as I once did and have to catch up?

i find the same thing. i think the pd tendency is to breathe quite shallowly
[?]. i'm putting together a 'thread' on hormones etc, and pd, which i'll
probably post over the weekend, and i think there is mention in it about the
'respiratory' problem aspect of parkinson's. there may also have been past
mention of this in re the extra benefits of aerobic exercise for us.

>Stranger things have happened - like where did this PD come from?

'coincidences' have been hammering at me for eight months now. i think i may
have answered this profound question [from my point of view, of course] in a
message i was preparing to send to the list, not two minutes before i read
yours. and of course, you asked about stubby, just when i'd finished the new
'stubby tale'.

i've decided this pile of 'coincidences' is grace dragging me somewhere, so
i am indeed 'going with the flow'. not that i have any choice!

janet