Jacob--I can understand your sadness, frustration, and anger that your neuro
(among others) can give you no good answers.  What you say about many other PWP
 having lived long and useful lives before they were stricken is cetainly
true. I don't know why the particular info you seek is "withheld", if that
is indeed the case--maybe she is just uninformed about it, or very skeptical?
Have you considered trying to get a second opinion from another neuro? That
might be a good idea if you can do it, as others on the list have found in
the past.*Please stay connected here, even if there doesn't seem to be much
we can do*--just being able to express that pain may help.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7,Oxford,OH