The last time I visited my neuro he was optimistic about the future, but not
GDNF in particular.  He felt that the research on something called
gangliocides was much more promising than GDNF.  I did a web search on this
and, if I remember correctly, these are related to neurological stem cells
which can regenerate neurons of any desired type.  The research is in the
very early stages as it is for GDNF.

Both of these are encouraging because the idea is to regenerate neurons
thereby reversing the progression of the disease - not just stopping them or
slowing the decline.

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but I hope it provides
some encouragement.

        Ron Reiner ([log in to unmask]) 48 + 1yr