Hi my name is Paul Horscroft from Berkshire in the UK.

I have been a silent member of the list for a number off weeks now and
have printed many pages for my father to read.

My father  was diagnosed in Late 1989 at the age of 52. He was a
workaholic and
a keen keep fitter who had entered and completed a number of marathons
including the London until a knee injury and PD diagnosis put an end to it.

My father has never been one to take medicine unless abosolutly neccessary and
of course PD makes this nessesary. My father has taken himself of
Selegiline ("Elderpril")
and now only takes 2 * 200mg of Careldopa CR (Sinamet controled
release) which he finds
gives him a reasonably normal active existance.

Since I have been giving him access to the list via my ISP (He wont
by himself a computer
but I'm working on that) he has learn't a lot and would like me to
say the following on his
behalf:-

"Thank you all for the information I have already received and I hope
to contribute in
the future (He'd better buy that computer <Grin>) but for now, I am
concerned about
the reports on Selegiline and its interaction with other drugs
including caffine and a
British report of a higher rate of mortality with those people on
Selagiline + Levodopa
than those on Levodopa alone, I have now taken myself off Selegiline
because of this
report and I do not feal any worse for it.

Why do the powers that be, still prescribe this drug???

I have also found reports about the lower response of medications and
high protein diets
I have seen messages about a low protein diet, does anyone know where
I can get this
information so that I can give it a try ??????

This is all I wish to say at the moment, but I thank you all for the
help/advise I have already
received and I am sure will receive in the future.

Leslie Horscroft "

Thanking you on my fathers behalf

Paul Horscroft