Margaret has tried acupuncture (but from a non-Chinese  practioner) and the
treatment did not include herbs.
Initially she had two treatments a week but found these too tiring and went
to a once weekly session.
She certainly noticed an immediate effect; sense of relaxation and easing of
dyskinesia etc, but I am sorry to say that these effects proved to have
largely disappeared by the next day after treatment..
Anyway, she found that acupuncture did nothing in itself to assist her
movement problems and after about a dozen or so treatments ( like yours
costing around $30 each) we discontinued it with no ill-effects.

Our practioner did not suggest that we would have to engage in a lengthy course
before noticing any improvement nor that we should alter Margaret's normal
medication (Sinemet-Parlodel),
but your proposal sounds as though it would be a more thorough-going one,
where it might be advisable to canvass whether you should reduce your normal
medication.
Regards,
Mark.

>Date:    Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:24:01 -0400
>From:    Norman Ichiyen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Acupuncture, Chinese herbs and Parkinsons

>Recently, my wife (who has PD) and I went to see a Chinese doctor about
possible
>treatments for Parkinsons.....
Snipped
Mark  Atyeo