Again greetings,

I am writting for Suraiya. She is taking Sinemet and Permax. I am not
sure of her daily dosages. She understands that PD meds can cause
water retention, which we believe she is experiencing.  Her ankles
are enormous! She is now taking lasix which is relieving her some. I
hope this is all it will take.
What are others' experiences? Of course, one must watch their salt
intake but is there anything else? It seems that there are side
effects of meds or conditions which surface and the logical(western)
and easiest way to handle it is to take a pill, but then (and I've
seen it at the pharmacy I used to work at) people coming in with
shopping bags filled with meds. Most of these just masking the
problem rather than dealing with them. Perhaps in some instances you
can only relieve yourself by masking it for the sake of comfort. But
a line should be drawn somewhere, at some point a vicious circle must
form and you are causing more harm than good.

Whoa... I just ran off there. I'll stop
Deanna