>I am new to the PARKINSN list and new to Parkinson"s disease,
>having just been diagnosed with PD in May.
>I am an ex-teacher, ex-business owner & present day artist and volunteer.
>  I have some questions regarding travel - one of my great interests and
>pleasures.  Do you have any idea how long I might expect to travel with
>relative ease?  What has your experience been as far as ease or difficulty
>with long plane trips and travel in general?  What kind of trips are possible
>as Parkinson's progresses?
>I am in my late fifties and other than PD am in good health and very active.
>Mary Sheehan ([log in to unmask])

Mary - Welcome to the list. My wife, 76/11, was able to travel well for
about 6 years, when it began to become progressively more difficult. She
now needs MUCH help. She took atrip to Seattle in March, 1996, but had
anurse-companion who worked very hard. I jouned them for the trip home, and
it still was no day in the park. Do your traveling in the next few years.

Good luck!

Bob Howard

Bob Howard, occasionally knowm formally as:
Robert B. Howard
1312 Wisconsin St., Apt. 104
Hudson, WI 5401
CG for Lorraine 76/11
e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Voice phone: (715) 386-3596
FAX: (715) 386-8589                    Manual reception, requires phone
call.