From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of DEANNA BARTUCCIO
Sent:   Thursday, August 29, 1996 7:07 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Denial

hello, a while ago I wrote about my mom-in-law whose husband began
raving that she was cured by her PD because she had gone to
masseus(sp?) in Trinidad. This reaction, as we all found out later
was a sarcastic reaction. I do not understand him. He is not very
considerate to her needs. He won't let her do much that she enjoys
because he says she can't because of her PD (won't drive her places
to visit people, etc...--but it is because he doesn't like it or
doesn't want to do it.) But, he will drag her everywhere in order to
do the things he likes. I am a new daughter in law (getting married
in a month) and don't have the place, I feel, to make waves. My
fiance and I try to take her out and do things with and for her that
she likes to make up for it.

I guess I am writting all this because I need to get it out and I
don't really know what else to do. Thanks for listening!

Deanna (Suraiya 55/+11)