At 05:29 PM 8/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>My husband is in advanced stage of PD and one of the most troubling problems
>is a dry mouth.  We have tried glycerin sticks, arificial saliva, and just
>plain water without alleviating the problem.  Anyone out there have any ideas
>or any tried and proved treatments?  We'd surely appreciate the help.
>
>Thanks -- Barbara Quackenbush

Dear Barbara,
I may suggest things that you've already tried; I've had pd since 1991; my
PD seems to be on the left side only.  I am 64 and take 5x/day 1 1/2 25/100
and 1mg of permax 5x/day;this is to show where I am, so to speak.

        I chew gum during the day and at night I have found that swallowing
every 3 or 4 seconds seems in my case to get the saliva going.   At times I
get up and walk,(if I can), to the frig     and  get some small pieces of
ice and  let them melt in my mouth...I also find that putting on my fm radio
earphones and listening to classical music, or what ever your taste isa....
These are hokey suggestions, I know;  but they are given with charity and
good will.
God Bless you both
Paul S. McCahan