The availability of levodopa and the Sinemet combination for treatment
of PD is so new, that it shouldn't be difficult to find older people who
know what the course of the disease was without these meds.

My grandfather and great-uncle both had parkinson's (thought to be caused
by the encephalitis of the 1919 flue epidemic).  I was only 6 when we
visited my grandfather from another state, and my only memory of him was
his shaking and inability to move from the rocking chair.  He was
hospitalized shortly after and died 4 or 5 years later.  I was already in
Colorado when the great-uncle was diagnosed and know nothing about his
disease course except that he also had to be hospitalized when his wife
could no longer move him.

Do some of you have parents old enough to remember pre-medication days?

Miriam L. Denham cg for Dale dx 1988