I had really hoped to avoid mud slinging in this campaign. I'm a family-
values kind of guy, and believe that rhetoricians, especially those who
work in downtown campuses, should have the right to bare small arms, as
long as the weather holds, and I though that sort of middle-of-the-road
stance (a Canadian tradition, which accounts for why we're always being
run over by the U.S.) would keep me free from controversy. But Selzer
has gone too far, and so I make this firm promise: if elected, I'll
work to make certain that he doesn't get the CCCC program until after
the conference is over. (In addition, I'm seriously considering imposing
cod-fishing restrictions on him.)