I thought people might be interested in this . . .

Marcy

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:20:42 -0400
From: Nick Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list RHETNT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Good research data base

I just finished skimming through an online data base that has over 1500
full text articles in English Literature and cultural studies, as well as
providing an idexing links to a number of ejournals, including those
some of us work on, _RhetNet_, _Kairos_, _CWRL_, _Computer Mediated
Communication Mag_, _JAC_, and so on.

It's at a .com address, but has links to off site resources which are
.edu and .gov as well.  You can sign up for e-mail updates on the site's
resources if you'd like.

The address is http://www.web-cite.com/
The name of the service WEB-CITE; I caught the address from an ad posted
zeroxed out of Lingua Franca and left on bulletin board on campus. So
while the cite doesn't charge now, chances are it will eventually or will
evolve other services for which it will charge.

The site is well organized with both index searching, subject searching
both overall and within indexes, and keyword searching, again overall and
within indexes.  The directions are well written, and many of the pages
have useful tips for how to search that particular page.

Nick Carbone, Writing Instructor
Marlboro College
Marlboro, VT 05344