I was told or read that at least one theatre in London survived throughout
the seventeenth century interregnum, and so the acting tradition was not
completely obliterated by the Commonwealth.

However, I can no longer find the source of this information.  Can anyone
give me a quick nudge in the right direction?

Thanks.

Yours, Bill Godshalk
*    W. L. Godshalk                                                          *
*    Professor, Department of English
*    University of Cincinnati                                             *
*    Cincinnati OH 45221-0069                   *   Stellar Disorder
*
*