Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 09:18:45 -0400
From: Joanne Woolway (Assoc. Editor, EMLS) <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list FICINO <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: EMLS 2.2

The new issue of Early Modern Literary Studies (2.2) is now available.
The table of contents is below, and our Website can be found at
          http://purl.oclc.org/emls/emlshome.html
This is our new Persistent URL (PURL) which links to our site at
          http://unixg.ubc.ca:7001/0/emls/emlshome.html
As well as the articles and reviews below, we have links in our
Interactive section to new resources, conference information,
theses, and calls for papers.

To receive an e-mail version of EMLS, please send a message to

Joanne Woolway
Associate Editor, EMLS

===============================
Early Modern Literary Studies 2.2 (August 1996)

Editor's Note:
*A New Universal Resource Locator for EMLS.

Articles:
*"And shall I die, and this unconquered?": Marlowe's Inverted Colonialism.
Lisa Hopkins, Sheffield Hallam University.
*New Pleasures Prove: Evidence of Dialectical Disputatio in Early Modern
Manuscript Culture. Margaret Downs-Gamble,[*] Virginia Tech.
*England as Israel in Milton's Writings. John K. Hale, University of Otago.

Note:
* Reassessing the Use of Doubling in Marston's Antonio and Mellida. Jeffrey
Kahan.

Reviews:
* Valeria Finucci and Regina Schwartz, eds. Desire in the Renaissance:
Psychoanalysis and Literature. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1994. Thomas
Luxon, Dartmouth College.
* Renaissance Women: Constructions of Femininity in England. Ed. Kate
Aughterson. New York: Routledge, 1995. Carrie Hintz, University of Toronto.
* Barbara L. Estrin. Laura: Uncovering Gender and Genre in Wyatt, Donne, and
Marvell. Durham, NC: Duke UP, 1994. Nathan P. Tinker, Fordham University.
* Frank Lestringant. Mapping the Renaissance World: The Geographical
Imagination in the Age of Discovery. Trans. David Fausett. Berkeley: U of
California P, 1994. Garrett Sullivan, Pennsylvania State University.
* Kim F. Hall. Things of Darkness: Economies of Race and Gender in Early
Modern England. Ithaca: Cornell UP, 1995. Bernadette Andrea, West
Virginia University.
* Three Renaissance Travel Plays. Ed. Anthony Parr. [Revels Plays Companion
Library 10]. Manchester: Manchester UP, 1995. Eric Wilson, Harvard University.
* David Fausett. Writing the New World: Imaginary Voyages and Utopias of the
Great Southern Land. Syracuse, New York: Syracuse UP, 1993. Gabriel de
Foigny. The Southern Land, Known. Trans. and ed. David Fausett. Syracuse,
New York: Syracuse UP, 1993. James R. Burns, Oriel College, Oxford.
* Margaret Aston. The King's Bedpost: Reformation and Iconography in a Tudor
Group Portrait. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1993. Andrew Stott, University of
Hertfordshire.
* Eric Sams. The Real Shakespeare: Retrieving the Early Years.[*] New Haven:
Yale UP, 1995. Bryan N.S. Gooch, University of Victoria.
* Howard B. Norland. Drama in Early Tudor Britain 1485-1558. Lincoln,
Nebraska: U of Nebraska P, 1995. James C. Cummings, University of
Leeds.
* Certaine Sermons or Homilies appointed to be read in Churches, in the time
of the late Queene Elizabeth of famous memory (1623). Ed. Ian Lancashire.
[Renaissance Electronic Texts 1.1]. U of Toronto: Centre for Computing in
the Humanities, 1994. Ronald B. Bond, University of Calgary.