When you send a message to the list, it is forwarded to every address on that
list (I forget how many we are, now).  Everybody with a good address gets the
message (that includes you, if your program is set to receive acknowledgment
that you sent a message).  If there's a "bad" address on the list, you receive
an error message about that address; that particular person didn't receive your
message.  The rest of us did, and that's why we can respond to a message,
even if you received an error message about it.

Joanne Sandstrom