>        I understand Trager massage is also recommended as beneficial for PD
>patients. With all that tightness and stiffness, it seems (gentle) massage
>should be at least helpful in reducing muscle tension. I'm looking for a
>masseuse now for my dad.
>        Has anyone had any experience with massage therapy effects on PD
>patients? Thanks for your helpful information.
>

>Vicki Peyton

I have used massage for over six years and it has been very helpful in
reducing pain in the muscles.  The big plus for massage is that I no longer
require medicine for pain or use pressure points.  We started a massage
class under a therapist and the results were excellent.  And it seems also
to have an effect on mental performance.