Hi Bev

In message <[log in to unmask]> Bev writes:
> My husband has been scheduled for a Deep Brain Stimulation the end of
> September.  I guess now that we have a date, we are both getting cold
> feet and feel that the medications are actually working quite well.

Of COURSE - we ALL do it! Weddings, new jobs, buying a picture, joining a
new club etc. The pattern is: DISCOVERY, EXCITEMENT, DECISION, EUPHORIA ->
ALL-TIME-HIGH. Then SECOND THOUGHTS, INDECISION,
MY-GOD-WHAT-IF-I-CAN'T-AFFORD-IT, WHAT-IF-IT-GOES-WRONG, Oh thank God it
worked!

> All he has been talking about for the last 5 years is... Now ...
> ... having second thoughts.  Any feedback on this would be appreciated
> very much.  Is this natural?

Be SURE it is. I'm glad to hear you're both still human. If it works less well,
OK, so you TRIED. If all goes well, give thanks.

Good luck, and best wishes to you both.
--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)