At 01:15 PM 9/3/96 -0400, V. R. Peyton wrote:
>        I understand Trager massage is also recommended as beneficial for PD
>patients. With all that tightness and stiffness, it seems (gentle) massage
>should be at least helpful in reducing muscle tension. I'm looking for a
>masseuse now for my dad.
>        Has anyone had any experience with massage therapy effects on PD
>patients? Thanks for your helpful information.
>

>Vicki Peyton

I have been taking massage therapy for about 8 years and have been very
pleased with the results.  My therapist and I developed an excersize program
for PD.  The results were very encouraging.  In addition water therapy is
very helpful.  I no longer need pain medication or pressure point therapy.
If you would like more information I will provide it.

Phyllis Riely