> No such problems here. The only problem I have with amantadine is the fact
> that it being an anti-viral drug, if I miss a day or two of taking it, I
> suddenly find myself laid up in bed with an awful flu like illness. Also, if
> I take too much of it, say an extra 100mg/day, I get a racing heart and can't
> Jacob

My husband gets withdrawal symptoms from discontinuing amantadine.   He
had great difficulty when DuPont stopped making Symmetrel, and he kept
getting switched by our pharmacy from one generic preparation to
another.  One wonders if the symptoms you're experiencing are similar to
my husband's?
-----
Mary Ann