Naomi Meyer, you wrote:

> Now the freezing is more of a problem.
> Any recommendations on the best type of walker for freezing problems?

A month or so ago, Susan Reese,  posted information about a new type walker,
"U-Step". I called for information and the developer/manufacturer of the
walker explained to me that although there is not a specifically designed
walker for the "freezing" problem yet (he is designing one), the model he
sells is more adaptable to all the neurologically challenged individuals
than the other walkers on the market. He designed this walker for his mother
who has a neuro problem. Needless to say, I ordered a "U-Step".  The price
was lower than others and the features were more desirable. While I have no
immediate need for the walker, my mother-in-law has been using it for her
daily walks. She finds it more maneuverable and lighter. Because it has 5
smaller swivel type wheels, in addition to the 2 larger ones, it is able to
travel over many surfaces (except carpeting) with ease. I have no interest
in the business, I am only a satisfied customer.
Call John Miller, 1-800-558-7837 for details.
Regards,
Margaret Tuchman (54yrs, 1980 dx)