At 01:08 AM 9/4/96 -0400, you wrote:
>TV news tonight had story of parkinson medication (sinemet?)
>experimentally administered through a patch, like nicotine.  Seems like
>a great idea.  Gets the medicine into the blood with no interaction
>with what's in the gut.  Anyone try it or know anything about the
>study? I didn't get any name.
>
>Allan Netick

Allan,
 As I get the story, the patch contains a "dopamine--like" substance which
may be something like Permax/Parlodel.  The testimonial is from one of 9
patients who wore the patch for 30 hours. Talked with Betsy Beasley (Mrs.
Bernie) in Richmond.  A friend was one of the nine.  No improvement in that
case.  I doubt this will be any improvement but we shall see. Developer is a
neurologist at Virginia Commonwealth University. VCU has a strong faculty in
neuropharmacology, but all seem to be working with pot and other less than
legal drugs.  The CNN web page has the dtory.. posted at 9:30 last night.
WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
63  Dx1991 Symptoms 1971