At 09:26 PM 9/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>hi gang;
>
>just another new development to report...
>from that 'other' paradise.
>
>janet
>
>>      ------------------------------------------------------------
>>      High Uric Acid Levels May Lower Risk Of Idiopathic Parkinson's
>>      Disease
>>      ------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>      WESTPORT, Sep 03 (Reuters) - Investigators in Hawaii say
>>      they have "...prospective evidence of an association between
>>      uric acid and reduced occurrence of idiopathic Parkinson's
>>      disease."
>>
>>      "Uric acid...found in high concentrations in serum and in
>>      the brain, has been hypothesized to protect against
>>      oxidative damage and cell death in Parkinson's disease,"

As one with Parkinson's and gout, I think the link might go the other way.

Gout is caused by high uric acid level.  Too much wine, women, and song. I'm
going to have to give up singing!

In our small PD group in Salisbury, MD, I am not the only one with a sore
big toe from time to time.
WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
63  Dx1991 Symptoms 1971