     >Re:  Clozaril, etc.  My husband has been on Permax as an agonist
     >along with his Sinemet for many years.  Doctors are very vague as to
     >whether this contributes to    hallucinations along with the Sinemet.
     > You're mentioning Permax as anti-hallucinatory???  Don't understand.
     >Naomi Meyer [log in to unmask]

     Permax is almost certainly responsible for two psychotic episodes my
     dad had.  One was very severe, and he had to be hospitalized for two
     weeks.  Once he was in a "space ship" about to crash, and the really
     bad episode involved him running out of the house, driving the car who
     knows where, and telling police who stopped him that mom and I had
     been murdered.

     Permax is indeed not to be considered anti-hallocinatory.  It can,
     however, be a helpful agonist for some folks.

     Monica Burke