In message <[log in to unmask]>
  [log in to unmask] writes:
> On Thu 05 Sep, Joyce Tames wrote:
> > Naomi,  I am taking Clozoril for the effects of Parlodel which caused a
> > hurtful period of paranoia...
> > START UP SLOWLY WITH THIS THING!!
> > It requires a WEEKLY blood test to determine the WBC count.   If that count
> > drops rapidly it could cause blood cancer.
> > Clozoril is the most controlled drug in America.   The blood test report
> > first goes to the perscribing doc > to the RX > the Clozoril Control Center.
> > You can get only enough for one week.

> Hello Joyce
> I was interested in your comment about Parlodel (a trade name for
> Bromocriptine) because about 15 years ago my neurologist put me on Parlodel,
> (two capsules per day),together with Sinemet. I gradually became more
> and more paranoid ...
> Luckily I realised what was going on and promptly took myself off the
> Parlodel.  I soon returned to normal and was appalled at what had been
> happening.
> Am I correct in assuming that you are still taking Parlodel,
> and taking Clozoril to counteract the paranoia ?  It sounds like a most
> dangerous course to take, particularly as there are better drugs available
> such as Celance (Pergolide, Permax), which have far fewer side effects

My word, Brian, if Pergolide has fewer side effects then Parlodel must
be LETHAL! Pergolide did MY mind in for 2-3 months earlier this year,
and I went off it. I AM back on it now, but wwith enormous caution: it's
frightening what the mental side-effects of some of our drugs can be!

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)