The way it was explained to us was that as the brain "shrinks" or
otherwise becomes less competent for cognitive thinking, that the l-dopa
causes hallucinations--that Sinemet, etc. will cause no such problem with
the "normal" brain.

As I consulted our children about starting their dad on Clozaril, they and
I agreed that the hallucinations were so frightening that his quality of
life was severely affected--to say nothing about the rest of us!!!

Clozaril has been a life-saver!  Eldepryl was stopped when the
hallucinations started--with no effect on the hallucinations.  It was
months later that a referral started the Clozaril.

Another thread:  Zoloft has really helped with the depression.  Initially,
I wanted Zoloft rather than Prozac because it could be taken only when
needed.  But sometime back, the depression returned and he now takes
Zoloft (2 x 50 mg) daily (in the morning).

Miriam, CG for Dale, 73, dx 1988