Hello Kristen,

I am not at all suprised by your father's internal (nervous) tremor. I always
had the same problem when I saw Paul Nausieda. He casts such an imposing
figure on his patients; reminded me of a mad scientist. I guess that's why I
switched neuro's.
At any rate, I agree with the Doc when he says that people who are first
diagnosed with tremor survive longer than those with rigidity. This is not
from experience, but just a theory that I happen to believe in: As P.D.
progresses, the tremor will slowly back into itself, and eventually become
bad enough to cause such muscle hyperactivity as to form rigidity.
I am also taking 100mg of amantadine twice/day. I don't have any tremor, but
it sure helps with bradykinesia and balance, two symptoms which your father
has yet to develop. It's a good drug, though, with minimal side-effects.

Jacob

P.S. Did your father say "HI" to the doc for me? If not, please have him do
so the next time, and if he thinks about it, tell him the reason that I left
was the "Intimidation
factor."