Parkinson's Disease will be featured on CNN this Sat (Sept. 7) at 7:45 am
Eastern Time live with Rhonda Rowland, CNN health reporter. The segment will
be repeated along with news of the new Patch medication (repeated from
Tuesday) in the regular health program at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.

The segment will feature Terrie Whitling from Emory Univ. accompanied by
myself, Joan Samuelson and Mike Claeys of PAN in our lobbying efforts for
the Udall bill this Summer. Rhonda Rowland and CNN have followed Terrie's
case and her remarkable improvement since she had a pallidotomy several
years ago.

I am a new member of the list diagnosed in May of this year.  I am 50 years
old and a health care/ public health mangagement consultant.  As a resident
of DC, with the help of the internet, I have become quickly involved in
working for increased funding for Parkinson's Research.  I have worked with
Terrie to lobby the Georgia (my home state) Congressional delegation.  I
appreciate all the work that has gone into moving the Udall bill to the
brink of passage.  We just need to get it to the floor for a vote.

I am interested in the issues of Parkinsons and work.  I would like to know
others experiences with disability insurance, retirement and travel versus
staying active in your profession.  I intend to formulate some more specific
questions in a later posting.

Perry Cohen