From: Obrand
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN; dviolante
Subject: Involuntary muscle spasms
Date: Friday, September 06, 1996 10:15AM

Hi, I just need to ask a question, which I know somebody out there can
help me!  My father, 64, 3years PWP, has muscle spasms throughout the
night when he sleeps so much that my mother has her sleep disrupted
constantly.  She says its like his extremities sieze and jerk every
couple of minutes throughout the night. She tried to push his clenched
fists apart and the strength that was happening in them, was so intense.

So here's my question, is there any medicine that could help my dad and
all this jerking he is doing?  Is there anybody else out there that has
this same problem?

He just started taking Artane about a month ago, and is slowing
increasing his dosage as perscribed, but he not noticing any side effects.

Thanks.

Jo-Ann Obrand