On Fri 06 Sep, Marty Rose wrote:
> Help!!! Has ANYONE had positive results with Parlodel.  My neuro just
> put me on   it and I am scared to death after reading about all the bad
> side effects here on the list.  Any feed back is appreciated.
>
> Marty Rose (56)
> PD

Hello Marty
            You are quite right to rein us in: It is easy for us
hardened veterans to forget what it was like in the early years of
PD.  One thing that you will observe if you watch the list for a
while, is that people will pop up with experience on just about any
subject you care to mention. Not only that, but a great deal of
that experience will be completely contradictory !  Does that mean
that a large number of the people on this list are just plain wrong?
Not at all: It is just another example of the amazing range of
reactions to a given input that we PWPs can experience. I think that
you will agree ( eventually) that when a particular course of
treatment is proposed by your neurologist, you are in a much better
position to make a judgement if you are aware of the possible
repeat POSSIBLE range of effects that could occur. Yes, life can be
very cruel, but somehow we survive, and even find it possible to
have some fun along the way. (See the PD Village for example)

Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]>