Brian Collins writes:

> It is interesting that you had such a bad reaction to Celance (Permax). I
> suppose it is another of those tricks that PD can play on us. However,
> within our group of PWPs in Derby I know of many who have switched to
> Permax with no adverse effects, and I know of several who HAVE experienced
> adverse effects with bromocriptine. In all the adverse bromocriptine cases
> the switch to Permax fixed the problem. However, I have made a mental note
> that the effect is not universal.

No indeed not.

> By the way, since you are having problems with Permax,  have you considered
> trying the newer varieties (claimed to have 'even fewer' side effects.  I
> am thinking of Tolcapone,  Ropinirole (just cleared), or Cabergoline (clear
> in USA- Not sure about UK)

They're doing trials now on both Tolcapone and Entacapone, which were
highly rated by the Germans & Belgians at a European YAPmeet run at
Leverkusen by U40 (the German equivalent of YAPP&RS). I think Beverley
Castleton (on PDS Council) is doing the Tolcapone evaluation at St.
Peter's Hosp. Chertsey. I'ld like to try something other than Pergolide,
but don't really want to mess with my medication for a while!

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)