>I always refer to the side effects in the PDR whenever my husband has
>been prescribed a new med.  The benefits of medication quickly become
>manifest, but the side effects can be insidious and dangerous for him.
>So, when I read that a med causes *any* neurological impairment, I watch
>him closely.  The minute he begins to have a decrease in functioning
>ability, I alert his doctor.  Thus, we have discovered that Indocin, an
>anti-inflammatory drug, was one Jamie could not tolerate.  As a nurse, I
>was not aware that this med could cause problems in neurologically
>impaired folks.
>-----
>Regards
>Mary Ann

A long time ago I had a Neurologist who put me on Indocin--even though it
said " Not for
patients with Asthma".  He told me he had patients on it who has Asthma & It
didn't
affect them.  Within 2 weeks I had a HORRIBLE Asthma attack---needless to say,
I changed medications & Neurologist at the sametime!  Now, before I get a
prescription
filled I check the PDR.
Saved my life a couple of times!!!!

Take Care,
Marjorie 63/8
Blessings to all ,  Marjorie L. Moorefield--
Internet Communications of America, Inc.