  Dear Dave and Naomi,
     I was putting together a longish posting to the Digest which included
a few comments on drooling so I'll pause with that task[a pleasant one] and
share these thoughts with you in hopes that it will be of some help.I have
no idea how the drug I have been taking for the past three months months
will interact with your usual drugs or with the notion that Dave has "never
experienced depression with his PD".The drug is ZOLOFT,an antidepressant,
of the Serotonin reuptake release inhibitors class. The new
kids on the block!
     I had a 3 year history of a chronic caugh,a 2 year history of
heartburn,a long time history of overnight drooling[and occasional awake
episodes] and an increasing problem with remaining asleep.There was no
other cause to be found so me and my Drs. attached it to my growing list of
PD symptoms. In addition I was depressed having both a life long Melencolia
and, what new Digest contributor RICK BARRETT put so wonderfully, as "tear
attacks" See Rick's eloquent introduction of9/5/96.
    With in a week, at a low dose[50 mgs],my cough,the heartburn and the
drooling all ceased and have only on occasion made a repeat "guest"
appearence.The MD who suggested the ZOLOFT explained it as my symptoms
having become "central" and since ZOLOFT works on the Central Nervous
System...goodby to these symptoms. One of the potental side-effects is a
dry mouth. Nice to have a side-effect work for me. Also the ZOLOFT has
added an hour to my sleep and has nearly stopped the uninvited "tear
attacks" leaving me free to work on the Melencolia.
     HOPE THE ABOVE IS HELPFUL
 MY very best
   George [log in to unmask]

Sneak  Preview of Thoughts While Going Bald coming soon to your little
    Did you know that a GENERIC drug maker is allowed to make his drug with
a leeway of 20%, more or less than the brand name drug. That means that you
may be getting 20% more or less of the primary ingredient when you shift
from the brand name to a Generic. AND if you shift from one generic to
another the difference could be as much as 40%!!! Do you believe it? I'm
trying to track down the chapter and verse via the FDA.