Rick Barrett ([log in to unmask]) writes:

> The most bothersome thing that seems to have come with PD is what the
> docs have termed: "emotional lability"

Hi Rick, I am 58 and six feet tall, and built big, and I have just the
same problem. Though I was brought up in the belief that "big boys don't
cry", I am slowly coming to terms with it, but like you, I still find it
a nuisance and an embarrassment.

One day we were collecting outside our local hypermarket for PDS Branch
funds, and a lady came over to make a donation. I asked my usual
question "Do you know anyone with parkinson's?". She replied, in a small
voice "Yes, me!" and promptly burst into tears, which started ME off. So
there we were, bawling our eyes out, and comforting each other. She is
now a keen member of our support group.

Don't let it stop you going to meetings. The lovely thing about them is
that you know however silly you act, there will be understanding, and
probably someone else who does similar things (slopping your coffee,
shuffling when you get up to walk, freezing in doorways etc.)
--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)