I had to take a second look at this message, because I thought I may have
written it and forgotten!   This is exactly what we do too!  Even our
doo-dad is a chain clip with little costume jewelry poodles that bite with
their mouths!  It used to be in the dress-up clothes for the grandchildren,
but we dragged it out for DAD!

Also - we have tried some antihistamines - they add to the confusion
problem..  The neuro prescribed Probanthine - it work a little.  Lately we
have been using a thing called a tooth-ette.  They look like lollipop sticks
with little pink or green sponges on the ends that have slight minty taste.
 They are used to clean out the mouth in nursing homes, (especially
toothless mouths)   and we use it to scrub Dad's lips which get icky (that's
the medical term)  after all the drooling.  Anyway, we sometimes use the
sponges dry - and they soak up the excess saliva.  It's aggravating to be
drooling, but Vicki is right, a dark colored "masculine"  towel  Doesn't
show.   We also had a person I met at a craft show make up some bibs,
patterned after Baby bibs, that use a towel with a hole in it and a ribbed
neckband is sewn in like in a sweatshirt.  Since Dad also leans to one side
 - like many PWP - This helps the bib stay on.

Sara, daughter of Richard 79, yrs - PD since 1969