I recently joined this list to review it as a support system for my
brother(age 59) just diagnosed with PD last May; he has passed through the
shock-impact phase and moved on to the realization phase and is very
depressed at this point.  Since he is on Selegeline and Sinemet, and is in
the regulatory drug stage, his neurologist told him that antidepressants
are incompatible with the Selegeline.  However, as a nurse myself, I feel
sure there is some class of antidepressants that can be given to relieve
some of his suffering without harmful effects.  Can anyone suggest any
with this combination? Selegeline(Eldepryl) seems to be the one with the
potential drug interaction problem.  Thanks in advance.  Also, what
resources could anyone suggest that were helpful to them on just learning
of and trying to cope with a new diagnosis of PD?

Maryanne Ludy([log in to unmask])

Jeffery Ludy, M.Ed.,RRT             email>[log in to unmask]
Clinical Director                   phone>407-823-2214
University of Central Florida
Orlando, Florida