Hi Maryanne Ludy
> I recently joined this list to review it as a support system for my
> brother(age 59)

> ... moved on to the realization phase and is very depressed at this point.

It happens to us all.

> ... his neurologist told him that antidepressants are incompatible
> with the Selegeline.

My view is that our bodies have quite enough to cope with in the anti-PD
cocktail! What causes depression?

Reasons, among others are reduced self-confidence, feelings of failure,
too little else to occupy the mind, lack of exercise, and so, physical
discomfort.

I took up new activities to give me a new focus, and they worked.
Helping other PWPs, especially the younger sufferers made me feel
worthwhile again, and a totally different new business I could run at my
own pace in my enforced retirement.

Can you help your brother to find a new interest of his own?
Help him to adopt a regular exercise routine - I find it really helps to
push myself to the limits from time to time.

Good luck & best wishes to you both
--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)