At 10:37 PM -0800 8/31/96, Barbara Mallut <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>There are 50 persons in various unspecified locations around the USA, having
>PD, who're being tested with GDNF.  These test locations will not be made
>public because Amgen is afraid (and probably rightly so) that they will be
>SWAMPED by calls from desperate Parkies eager to get ahold of that drug.

Our daughter, a med student at OHSU, said Dr. Kim Burchiel(who did Gin's
pallidotomy last December) performed an operation involving GDNF a couple
of weeks ago. Gin's neurologist is at OHSU also, and no word from them
involving test subjects (not that Gin would necessarily want to anyway, at
this stage of testing).

Best wishes to all,
Pete & Gin Morgan