My Parkinson's was caused by CO poisoning. For some reason, the poison
bypassed the cognitive functions of my brain, and went strait to the
pallidus, in which I now have (as a former neuro once told me), a "Hole".
Now, my question is twofold: Why would a pallidotomy kill a part of the brain
which is  in me already damaged? I have heard that having a pallidotomy is
the only way in which they can get GDNF across the blood brain barrier. If
that is true, and I already have a hole in my pallidus, wouldn't that make me
a prime candidate for the treatment?
Any answers or thoughts would be appreciated.

Jacob Drollinger