Shelly,

I have not taken Botox, but will tell you what it says in my drug handbook.
 (These can be purchased at all major book stores and are handy for ANYONE
taking pharmaceuticals!)
Botox is botulinum toxin type A, primarily used for eye problems according to
this book.  It is a protein that produces a neuromuscular paralysis by
binding to acetylcholine receptors on the motor endplate and that may inhibit
the release of acetylcholine from nerve endings.  It's onset occurs in 1-2
days after injection.  Peak occurs within 1-2 weeks.  Effects persist for 2-6
weeks.  There is much more, but also very technical, and not pertaining that
specific use - the feet.
I don't know if this helps any, or is more confusing.  It sounds like a kind
of nerve blocker.
Kathy Sedler    [log in to unmask]