>        Has anyone had any experience with massage therapy effects on PD
>patients? Thanks for your helpful information.
>

>Vicki Peyton

Dear Vicki,
I have been having a massage once a fortnight for approximately eighteen
months.  I first started because of tendon and muscle pain caused by the
rigidity and tremor.  Before I started, the pain, especially in my right
arm, would awaken me at night.  Within about two months all aches and pain
were relieved.  Incidentally, at the first three or four massages I would
develope bruising in places where the pain had been the severest.  Not that
the masseuse was rough mind you, but subsequently the bruising stopped.
Interestingly, because of finanacial pressures, and no more aches for such a
long time I stopped going about three months ago.  I have an made an
appointment for next week to recommence my bi-weekly treatments as all the
aches and pains are returning. I thought that my regular excercise of
swimming and walking would keep things in check, but in my case this has not
been the case.  So my advice, go for it.  If the masseuse uses fragrant oil
so much the better!
Regards Mary Thompson  [log in to unmask] >