> Date:    Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:41:49 -0400
> From:    Jacob Drollinger <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: antidepressant
>
> you are the first person I have encountered who is on Trazadone. Wow, you
> meet all kinds of people here don't you? I take about 25 mg of Trazadone at
> bedtime each night, and although it doesn't do much (noticeably) for my mood,
> it sure helps me sleep, sometimes giving me silly dreams. I'm also on
> amantadine, and have been unaware of any adverse interaction between these
> two drugs, I'm not sure about the others.

I'm using 50mg Trazadone occasionaly, but cannot take it regularly because
it'll make me feel tired the next day.  When I do use it, it has a powerful
effect on inducing sleep, but sometimes I need to add 15mg Restoril too!
It didn't do anything for my mood either.  For correcting my depression,
I take 60mg Paxil each morning, and works wonderfully.  The second half
of last year was the worst time of my life; this year has been the best
time of my life, which I must credit the drug for.  I'm a non-patient
caregiver, so check with the doctor before trying anything I've mentioned.