Hello Clay:

Welcome! This is a good time to introduce you to our archives which has a
lot of material on fava beans and recipes as well as everything that has
been discussed on this listserv. I tried to grow some beans this summer, but
the all turned black with fungus and rotted. I am sure that our New Jersey
weather had a lot to do with that.

To get information from the archives kept by our Mr. Library, aka John
Cottingham, follow this instruction:

To search the Parkinsn archive, send search requests to [log in to unmask] with
Archive Search as the subject.
In the body of the message put the word or words you want me to search
the archive for.

2.             TYPES OF SEARCHES AVAILABLE

INDEX    Returns a list of messages giving the date, sender, subject line
         and length of message, meeting the search criteria you have
         specified.

MESSAGES Returns a packet of messages that meet the criteria you have
         specified.

Example requests:

I would like an index of messages posted on 9 Nov 1993.
I would like an index of messages that have both neurologist and Baltimore
in them.
I would like messages on how to make "blue glasses".
I would like messages on "fava bean recipes" that use tomatoes.
I would like an index of messages by Bonander.
I hope this helps.
Margaret Tuchman (54yrs, dx 1980)