I had been on an extremeley small dose of the benzodiazapine klonopin for
quite a long time (about .5 mg. at night). Then, after a brief period of not
feeling well at all, I decided to bypass my neuro's recommendation. Klonopin
is a controlled substance (a pretty powerful sedative). I increased to a full
mg. once a day and started to feel better. Then, I finally called my doctor's
office and got the OK to start on 1.5 mg at night. I am feeling great now.
A lot of the problems I had with my gait, I believe, were due to anxiety, you
know, being too concerned about it.
My mother (CG) works as an MDS nurse in a nursing home, so she comes across
many people (M.S patients, PWP) who are on a lot more klonopin than I am. She
says some are on 2-3 mg. twice or even TTD. I would like to know if anyone is
or has been on this drug, how much, and if and how it helped you?