Thanks, Mary Thompson, for your thoughtful reply. I'm sort of petrified with
fear that the massage therapist will hurt my father and can't make up my
mind what to do. There are 3 or 4 people here who do different kinds of
massage - Reiki, Trager, "gentle", who knows what else. I'm so glad to hear
massage helped you, and it should make it easier for me to decide since part
of his problem is contracted muscles and cramps. Since he doesn't talk much
anymore, I'm worried that if they hurt him I won't know it. But,
realistically, I'll just have to pay closer attention to him when he has
massage because it isn't right to let him get a permanent contracture
because of the muscle spasms. But, if I wasn't  looking into this, the
nursing home would just ignore the contracture till it becomes permanent.
Thanks again.

Vicki Peyton