Zippo Bilbrok 3.0e8 wrote:

> Dear Rick,
>
>         And everyone else with the symptoms Rick describes..... My
> husband, a physical chemist, developed his PD symptoms about the age of
> 35 and also denied that there was a physical problem (unfortunately, so
> did his doctors - which didn't help matters).  One of the worst symptoms
> he has had to cope with in the course of this disease has been emotional
> lability.  Jamie has always been 'tough,' so dealing with tears that come
> easily has caused him to want to avoid social contact.
>
>         There are probably many on this list who would be interested in
> hearing how others have dealt with this aspect of PD - my husband included.
> -----
> Regards
> Mary Ann

Mary Ann,

I also tear up even at TV commercials. I was surprised and a bit ashamed
at first. My wife says it is OK for men to show emotion now, and
don't worry about it. I also avoid social contacts to some extent except
for close friends who know about my problems. I have so much difficulty
getting around now that my contacts are sort of self limiting so i am not
worrying about it much anymore.

---Milo

--
Milo V. Anderson, Ph.D.             Knowledge is free at the library;
Box 417                             bring your own contianer.

voice 707 965 2508                     ODE TO A METAPHOR
fax   707 965 3148                  Ilustrations are useful,
e-mail [log in to unmask]             Or what's a meta-FOR.