Jacob,

    I used to be on Klonopin to help me sleep through the night.  I now =
am using xanax, also a powerful sleep inducer.   The biggest point I =
want to make is the anxiety factor, which I know contributes greatly to =
bringing on my PD symptoms.  I treat PD partly as post-traumatic stress =
disorder, which leads to panic attacks.  By doing counseling to get at =
the sources of stress in my life (many of which I did not recognize as =
such) and learn constructive ways to express my anger, my PD symptoms =
are much less even though I was diagnosed in 1988.  I am now 54.        I =
truly believe it is the external stressors that aggravate the PD and not =
the  PD that is causing most of the anxiety -- at least for me.  When I =
feel anxious and can't talk it out, xanax does truly relieve the anxiety =
and the symptoms; I just feel draggy and often more depressed. =20
    Good luck. =20

Rich Morelli