Hello to all-

I'm new to this listserve, please bear with me.

My father was diagnosed with PD in December 1995.  He is 71 years young, or
he was, until PD.  He has experienced a very rapid decline in mobility,
repetative falls, and frustration dealing with a very large HMO.  I have
acted as advocate for my parents, and been fairly successful in obtaining
medical equipment to facilitate the illness.

Several nights ago, I saw a segment on the evening news regarding a PD "patch"
which would deliver a more continuous steady dosage of medication to the PD
patient, through the skin.  Since he experiences such tremendous variation
when the medication wears off, he might be a perfect candidate for this
method.

Anyone with any info on this, please contact me.  Is it still in R & D ?
Is it available to the public?  What is the med contained in this new
patch?  How can my father become involved in a clinical study?

Thank you for your help,
Nancy