Subject:Usenet or Listserv

To: Jeff Jones  <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Jeff, and thanks for your answer to my cry for help

When I first joined the Internet (Only 3 months ago) I subscribed to quite
a number of newsgroups before inadvertantly typing 'parkinsn' during a
search and finding out about this list. Since then, I have progressively
reduced the number of newsgroups that I subscribe to, until I am
currently monitoring one newsgroup ( Dealing with my computer).

The reason for deleting all the others was always the same: The volume of
postings was too high, and 95% of it was sheer drivel. It took too much
of my time to sort out the good 5%, so I got out. I would hate to see
this very special list degenerate to the same level.

The one point with which I have to agree is that as a closed list, the
existence of the list may be unknown to many potential members (Unless
they are as bad at typing as I am). Is it possible to leave some sort of
a signpost in the usenet listings proclaiming our existence? i.e. some
sort of advertising to spread the word.

Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]>