The book 'The Case of the Frozen Addicts', written by J William
Langston MD, only just now came to my attention. It is required reading
for every person with any interest in Parkinson's disease. In fact, I
decided that Congress, especially Representative Michael Bilirakis, who
is or should be interested in Parkinson's disease, should be required to
read the book.

I have sent the following fax message, suitably edited for the
particular recipient, to the following list of congressional leaders and
my own Senators and my own Representative. I suggest that every person
on the PARKINSN list do the same.

       The Honorable                         Edwin M Partridge
       Frank R Wolf                          7706 Falstaff Road
       U S House of Representatives          McLean VA  22102-2723

                                             September 11, 1996

       Sir,

          Thank you for co-sponsoring the Udall Parkinson's Bill
       H.R.1462.

          Representative Michael Bilirakis, Chairman of the Health and
       Environmental Subcommittee, is reluctant to schedule the Udall
       Bill for action by his subcommittee.

          A majority of his Health and Environmental Subcommittee, and a
       majority of Representative Thomas J Bliley's Commerce Committee,
       and a majority of the House of Representatives have co-sponsored
       the Udall bill.

          A majority of Senator Nancy Landon Kassebaum's Labor and Human
       Resources Committee have co-sponsored the Udall Parkinson's Bill
       S.684, and a majority of the Senate have co-sponsored the Udall
       bill. The committee has attached unanimously the Udall bill to the
       NIH reauthorization bill S.1897.

          Would you please contact Representative Bilirakis, by letter or
       telephone, and ask him, please, for the sake of one and a half
       million Americans, including me, who suffer Parkinson's disease,
       to read the book 'The Case of the Frozen Addicts', authored by
       J William Langston MD.

          And ask him to reconsider, after reading the book, if he is
       doing the right thing by blocking the Udall bill from passage and
       enactment.

                                             Respectfully,
                                             Edwin Partridge

The Honorable
Trent Lott, Majority Leader
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-2262

The Honorable
Don Nickles, Asst Majority Leader
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-6008

The Honorable
Thomas A Daschle, Minority Leader
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-2047

The Honorable
Wendell H Ford, Minority Whip
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-0046

The Honorable
Nancy Landon Kassebaum, Chairman
Labor and Human Resources Committee
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-3514

The Honorable
Charles S Robb
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-8689

The Honorable
John W Warner
U S Senate
FAX 202-224-6295

 The Honorable
Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-4656

The Honorable
Richard K Armey, Majority Leader
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-7614

The Honorable
Tom DeLay, Majority Whip
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-5241

The Honorable
Richard A Gephardt, Minority Leader
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-7452

The Honorable
David E Bonior, Minority Whip
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-226-1169

The Honorable
Thomas J Bliley, Chairman
Commerce Committee
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-0011

The Honorable
Michael Bilirakis, Chairman
Health and Environment Subcommittee
Commerce Committee
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-4085

The Honorable
Frank R Wolf
U S House of Representatives
FAX 202-225-0437

 * SLMR 2.1a * McLean Virginia USA  Wed 09-11-96 7:51 pm
---
 * KMail 3.00